Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Today's Playlist

I may or may not be addicted to the following playlist:

There is something comforting in a good quality soundtrack score -- especially for classic films. How can you not feel happiness when listening to A Summer Place? (PS. Movie theme = Good. Movie = Lame.) And how can you not feel young when listening to Back to Future? How can you not feel brave listening to Dances with Wolves or Star Trek? How can you not feel nerdy listening to Star Wars?

OK, I admit it. I AM listening to this music. A lot lately. And I love it.

I sometimes wonder what listeners in a few generations will think about our movie scores. I wonder how many of them will withstand the test of time, like the music composed by Mozart or Schubert. Will this music be listened to through the ages?

1 comment:

sarah joelle said...

yes yes YES. movie soundtracks = WIN. i recommend the remember the titans score. also 'what shall we die for' from the third pirates soundtrack (another case of movie=lame, but soundtrack=great!).