I'm a suckah for reality TV. It's true. Not the trashy reality shows about getting drunk and naked in pimped out limos, but the contests and games and voyeurism into celebrity life.
Here are my favorites:
Survivor. I haven't watched this show every season. It tends to become a vain repetition if you try to. But it's still a fun game. I like to imagine myself sleeping on bamboo and eating coconuts and then I remember why I'd rather participate at home. Besides. I can't stand wearing a swimming suit for 2 hours, so what makes me think I could stand running around in one for 30 days? America is grateful for that, I assure you.
Amazing Race. There's something so invigorating about this show. Here you've simply got 10 teams competing against each other in a worldwide scavenger hunt. Love it. It's the perfect blend of suspense, competition, and feel-goodishnes, especially when the good-guy underdogs beat out the expected favorites.
America's Next Top Model. This is my embarassing admission. The less they show Tyra Banks on this show, the more I like it. My favorite seasons are the ones when they have the true weirdos/socially challenged girls on. They take the most awesome pictures.
American Idol. This show can be interesting, except this season is an absolute SNOOZER. I'm not kidding. Between Kara's incessant prattling and the lackluster talent on stage, I'm not really sure why I keep tuning in.
Tori & Dean. Yes, it's true. I like this one. I couldn't stand 1990s Donna Martin in all of her fake virginal goodness, but Tori Spelling is actually kind of funny, and normal, in a strange sort of way. And Dean reminds me of so many guys I know.
Celebrity Apprentice. It's fun to watch celebrities work hard. What's NOT fun about this show, however, is watching them work hard for 2 hours every Sunday night. No show is worth a 2-hour time slot like this, unless the two hours is devoted solely to Curtis Stone, Australian chef, talk and flex his muscles, preferrably at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment