Why do I love American Pickers?
- It's more interesting and less patsy than Antiques Roadshow.
- I have a monster crush on Mike Wolfe. I'm not kidding. I'll probably get run up a flagpole for being just that weird, but I'd freakin' ride around in that van with him if he'd say funny stuff to me like he does to Frankie.
- I fantasize about what their own homes look like. Are they clean? Are they using gas pumps as night stands? Do they have stacks of old car magazines hidden in every corner, the way women hide stashes of chocolate?
- It's like Hoarders, but with less cat feces and moldy pizza boxes, so I don't feel as weirded out at the end of an episode.
- It feels far less fake than other junk-collector shows, like Pawn Stars. Speaking of which, I think every guy on Pawn Stars probably shows up on the Nevada sex offender registry.
- Both of these guys try so hard to appear tough, but they giggle like girls and use the word "crap" an awful lot.
3 comments:
I found American pickers a year or two ago when Shane was out of town and I stayed up till 3am watching some sort of marathon. It is strangely addicting. We were watching it on Sunday and all four of our kids sat and wanted to see what they would find!!
Just added it to my queue.
He is kinda cute.
Post a Comment